Here are the answers to the questions in Power and Industrial Plant Engineering topic posted last August 5, 2010.
1. It is an apparatus used to obtain the volumetric chemical composition of the gaseous by-products of combustion.
B. Orsat analyzer
2. A term used to refer to a concrete foundation formed by continuous pouring of cement and letting the entire mass dry as one unit.
D. Monolithic foundation
3. In power plants, if you want to measure small differences in pressures, what is the best instrument to use?
4. Which of the following is not a major function of air-conditioning?
D. Control the mass of air in the space
5. This material is used to seal the piston rod to prevent leakage from the pump.
6. You want to know the grindability of coal, what apparatus you should use?
A. Hardgrove apparatus
7. It is a straight line that indicates the relationship between steam consumption and the turbo-generator load.
C. Willans line
8. The period of time for one half of the mass of radioactive material to disintegrate.
D. Half life
9. In power plant engineering, what do you call the power intended to be available even under emergency situations.
A. Firm power
10. In nuclear power plants, what do you call the enclosure usually made of concrete or lead that absorbs any leakage of radiation from the reactor?
B. Biological shield
For concerns, corrections, suggestions and other inquiries please let me know by posting a comment below or emailing me at email@example.com.