Below are the answers to the Part 3 of Power and Industrial Plant Engineering Questions posted last August 25, 2010.
1. Measure of relative hotness or coldness of a body.
2. A device that automatically controls the speed of an engine.
3. When heat is added in a mixture of moisture and air, which of the following is true?
B. The absolute humidity remains the same
4. Adding a small amount of salt in water will…
A. Increase the boiling point
5. If the wet bulb and the dry bulb temperatures are the same, what can we say about the air in the space?
C. It is saturated
6. Which of the following scenario will increase the likelihood of cavitation in pumps?
D. The fluid temperature is raised
7. The indicator used to determine the anti-knock property of gasoline engines
A. Octane number
8. Which of the following is used to determine if there’s a halogen leak?
C. Halide torch
9. A valve that that allows the fluid to follow in one direction only
D. Check valve
10. The ratio of refrigerating effect to the work of compression
A. Coefficient of performance
Link to the questions.
For concerns, corrections, suggestions and other inquiries please let me know by posting a comment below or emailing me at email@example.com.