Here are the answers to the questions on Power Elements Part 2 posted last August 9, 2010.
1. A reserve generating capacity that is in operation but not in service.
A. Hot reserve
2. Another term for Lower Heating Value (LHV).
C. Net Calorific Value
3. In a refrigeration system, it controls the flow of refrigerant manually.
C. Gate Valve
4. The ratio of the dynamic depression head to the total head of a pump.
A. Cavitation factor
5. A device used to determine the water level in the boiler.
D. Gauge cock
6. A device in the fuel system that mixes gasoline with air.
7. Comparing Diesel and Gasoline engines, which of the following is true?
D. Operating temperature of Diesel Engines are higher
8. Which of the following is true in pH value?
C. pH 7 represents neutral value
9. Reversible adiabatic expansion is at constant…
10. The temperature at which vapor starts forming above the surface of liquid fuels.
B. Flash point
Link to Questions.
Note: Sorry for the delay. I was confused because of the volume of questions I am making so I thought I already posted the answer to this one.
For questions, corrections and suggestions please post a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.