Here are some questions in ME laws in the Philippines based on RA 8495.
Instruction: Choose the BEST answer.
1. Prior to Republic Act 8495, what law governs the practice of mechanical engineering the Philippines?
a. Republic Act No. 5124
b. Commonwealth Act No. 294
c. Commonwealth Act No. 293
d. Republic Act No. 2934
2. If the rated scores of an examinee in a board exam are 85, 82, and 48 in Math, Power, and Design subjects respectively (average: 72.85%), what will be the overall result?
c. Removal exam
3. Which of the following is NOT a qualification for being a member of the Board of Mechanical Engineering (BME)?
a. Must be at least thirty-five (35) years of age
b. Naturalized or born Filipino citizen
c. Has never been convicted of any offense involving moral turpitude
d. A Professional Mechanical Engineer with a valid professional license and an active practitioner as such, for not less than ten (10) years prior to his appointment
4. A foreign mechanical engineer may only be allowed to practice mechanical engineering in the Philippines if his country also allows Filipino mechanical engineers practice under similar provisions like those in RA8495. This policy is also known as
a. Foreign Reciprocity
b. Foreign Reciprocality
c. Foreign engineer exchange
d. Foreign affairs
5. According to RA 8495, where will the budget to implement Mechanical Engineering Law come from?
a. Local Budget
b. Foreign funding
c. National Budget
d. From members of PSME
6. A plant with rated capacity 500 kW requires with 3 shifts…
a. At least one(1) registered mechanical engineer or Professional Mechanical engineer for all three shifts
b. At least two(2) registered mechanical engineer or Professional Mechanical engineer for all three shifts
c. At least three(3) registered mechanical engineer or Professional Mechanical engineer, one per shift
d. At least four (4) registered mechanical engineer or Professional Mechanical engineer, one per shift plus one (1) as a buffer
7. Who has the power to revoke or suspend license to practice mechanical engineering in the Philippines?
a. Any PSME official
b. Board of Mechanical engineering
c. PSME president and chairman
d. PRC chairman
8. An applicant who fails to pass the examination for the third time shall be allowed to take another examination only after the lapse of ____
a. Two years
b. Six months
c. One year and six moths
d. One year
9. In addition to the administrative sanctions imposed under RA8495 any person who violates any of the provisions of this Act and its rules and regulations shall, upon conviction be penalize by a fine of not less _______ nor more than Two hundred thousand pesos (P200,000.00).
a. 50, 000 pesos
b. 75, 000 pesos
c. 100, 000 pesos
d. 150, 000 pesos
10. Minimum requirement in teaching mechanical engineering subjects in universities and colleges in the Philippines
a. Doctoral Degree related to mechanical engineering
b. Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering
c. Registered Mechanical engineer
d. Graduate of Mechanical engineering course
Answers can be seen here.